[Flent-users] Announcing Flent v1.3.0
toke at toke.dk
Tue Jul 9 19:14:37 EEST 2019
This is to announce the release of Flent v1.3.0. The automated Github
announcement already went out, but I figured I'd do a manual one as
Note that this will be the last release of Flent to retain support for
Python 2. The upstream end-of-life for Python 2 is now only around 6
months away, so anyone still using it should really think about
I have created a new branch ('flent-1.3.x') in the Flent git repository
that is based on this release and that will retain the Python 2 support.
Bugfixes will be backported to that branch on a best-effort basis,
depending on demand for it. The master branch will change to explicitly
need Python 3.5+ to run. Support for older versions of matplotlib (<1.5)
will be dropped along with this change.
I expect to bump the version number to 2.0 for the next (Python 3-only)
Changes in v1.3.0 since v1.2.2 include:
- New --data-cutoff parameter filter data outside a specified time interval when
plotting or formatting. This is useful for, e.g., showing flow behaviour after
steady state has been reached for long-running tests.
- New cc_algos test parameter to set per-flow congestion control algorithm being
used by Netperf for TCP flows.
- Storing lots more metadata from Netperf data series, including total elapsed
time, total bytes sent and received and reported TOS.
- Fixes to plot label override settings.
- Option to copy metadata to clipboard from GUI right-click menu.
- Support for passing DSCP mark values to Iperf.
- Lots of bug fixes, mostly in the plotting and display code. And better test
coverage to hopefully prevent things regressing again.
- Addition of .appdata.xml file for the GUI, and an RPM spec file for packaging
on RPM-based distros.
As always, the Flent source is available via PyPi. The sha256 checksums
for the source code archives are:
Updates to the PPA and Debian repositories will be available shortly.
And as a new feature for this release, I am also working on RPM
packaging, so hopefully Flent should show up in Fedora soonish.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Flent-users