[Flent-users] How to apply two different in tcp_2down test

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Feb 26 14:19:40 EET 2018

Sourabh jain <jainsourabh679 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to compare fairness of TCP by finding their share with other TCP. I
> am using tcp_6up test for the same.
>
> With the same test I want to use different TCP. For example, 4 TCP
> connections with tcp-bbr and 2 connections with tcp-reno and tcp-highspeed.
>
> Is there any way to do that? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Hmm, there is no way to set arbitrary congestion control per flow at the
moment. There are some specific tests (such as cubic_bbr) that will run
different congestion controls against each other. You could create a new
test from one of those to do what you want.

However, it may also be feasible to create an interface to set arbitrary
congestion controls for flows in existing tests. I'll think about
whether there's a way to do this with an interface that is not too
confusing (it also needs to be quite visible on the plots).

-Toke