[Flent-users] SmokePing probe

Pete Heist peteheist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 21:35:34 EET 2018

> On Feb 18, 2018, at 8:16 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
>
> The mtr tool might be useful for locating the bottlenecks (assuming
> there are actually multiple l3 hops): http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/

Also interesting, but how to distinguish between link layer (WiFi for most of them) problems and queues backing up?

That’s what interested me about the ping-pair paper from Skype. In their case though, they’re pinging the AP from a WiFi client, not going through more hops. I read it with the perspective of, can this be expanded to detect congestion in a larger network, though one that’s still under your control at least. If I thought that implementing ping-pair in IRTT might get me somewhere, I might do it...