[Flent-users] weir error message after update of macosx and flent

Pete Heist peteheist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 13:27:31 EET 2018

> On Feb 18, 2018, at 10:55 AM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Not that I have looked at the actual parameter names, but how about having --dscp mask out the upper two bits (if they are set) and --tos allowing to set the full legacy 8 bit?

I think that’s the right thing to do, and was thinking the same last night. :) It would seem to best reflect reality. One user thought that ToS wasn’t implemented in IRTT because there was no —tos flag, so that’s what people expect to find. This way they’d find it, but the doc would also mention that DSCP is mainly what’s used on the modern Internet.

Now, it also might be that the text values for ToS could be different than those for DSCP, and there could be two different tables. I’m not sure yet, but I’ll consider that after reading up on it more…