[Flent-users] weir error message after update of macosx and flent

Pete Heist peteheist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 13:21:05 EET 2018

> On Feb 18, 2018, at 10:38 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
>
> Yes, that would probably be a good idea; and also agreement on the values would be a good idea ;) the current mapping I put in is taken from netperf, which in turn cites an RFC. But it's different from the irtt man page, I guess because of the difference in number of bits...
>
> Not sure the Go API actually only sets the six bits, though?

I definitely agree to agree on a common table. :) The Go API sets all 8 bits, so —dscp isn’t the best. This field has some history, with several RFCs to read on CS, AF and EF:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_of_service <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_of_service>

I’ll offer to take some time with this at some point soon and propose a table after I understand the meaning of the different values better, which I currently do not…