[Flent-users] weir error message after update of macosx and flent

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun Feb 18 11:38:24 EET 2018

On 18 February 2018 00:41:16 CET, Pete Heist <peteheist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Feb 17, 2018, at 11:21 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk>
>wrote:
>>
>> Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Toke,
>>>
>>> I made the mistake of updating both my os (from macos 10.12.6 to
>>> 10.13.3) and flent (to 1.2 I believe) at the same time. Now when I
>try
>>> to actually run a test I get the following results:
>>
>> Well, seems you found a bug in the diffserv handling for the IRTT
>> runner; well done ;)
>>
>> Should be fixed in git :)
>
>Nice, this also makes me think that I could accept DSCP marking text
>(CS0, etc) for the —dscp parameter. And that I might not have aptly
>named that flag, since really DSCP is only 6 bits of the DS (ToS)
>field, but what you’re passing in can be all 8 bits (or else maybe I
>should just mask off the two ECN bits). I might make some adjustments
>here for v1…

Yes, that would probably be a good idea; and also agreement on the values would be a good idea ;) the current mapping I put in is taken from netperf, which in turn cites an RFC. But it's different from the irtt man page, I guess because of the difference in number of bits...

Not sure the Go API actually only sets the six bits, though?

-Toke