[Flent-users] IRTT question

Pete Heist peteheist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 22:01:52 EET 2018

> On Feb 8, 2018, at 8:53 PM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Pete,
>> On Feb 8, 2018, at 20:49, Pete Heist <peteheist at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It should work, but the irtt server needs to be running. On your box where netserver is running (sounds like the Mac for you if you’re testing locally), run “irtt server”.
>
> 	Ah, that got me a bit further:
>
> which: Found irtt executable at /Users/smoeller/go/bin/irtt
> UDP RTT test: Cannot use irtt runner (Irtt connection check failed: Error: read udp4 192.168.1.222:63322->130.243.26.64:2112: read: connection refused
> ). Using netperf UDP_RR
>
> I guess I now need to poke a hole into my firewall to allow udp port 2112 incoming, no?

That could be the problem, assuming the IP looks correct. On my Mac (10.11.6) the first time the irtt server receives an incoming packet with the firewall turned on it pops up a dialog asking if I want to add an exception for irtt, which I answer yes to. That first connection then fails, but subsequent ones succeed. Hopefully that works for you? Thanks for being brave and trying it out… :)

Pete