[Flent-users] [tohojo/flent] packet loss stats (#106)
notifications at github.com
Thu Nov 16 18:15:36 EET 2017
> On Nov 16, 2017, at 3:47 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <notifications at github.com> wrote:
> Right, so partially implemented the selection logic in 343f60d <https://github.com/tohojo/flent/commit/343f60da7be78d6fba13af02b60f37cdda9c4d24>. Still a few more things needed before it can be activated, so I have not enabled it in any tests yet. One of those things is the server-side check for irtt, another is internal to Flent...
After my afternoon walk, I’m re-thinking how to handle the server check. What I propose instead of adding a separate command is:
* add a -n parameter to the client command, which will skip the running of the test. A single packet will be sent with both the open and close flags set, the server will evaluate the test parameters, as usual, and return a response with any parameter restrictions, as usual.
* add a -hwait parameter, or similar, which allows specifying the list of durations to wait for the handshake response, that can be specified with or without -n
* you can use -strictparams if you want, to make sure the parameters you use for the test won't be restricted by the server
* the specification of other parameters relevant to connecting (handshake wait times, hmac key, -4, -6, etc) is all done in an equivalent way
* when it comes to protecting the server (which still needs work), I don’t have to deal with a new type of packet to rate limit
Is this ok?
You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Flent-users