[Flent-announce] Announcing Flent v1.0.0
toke at toke.dk
Sat Jan 14 20:21:35 EET 2017
With most of the longtime outstanding issues closed, Flent has now
reached the big 1.0. Woohoo!
Changes since v0.15.0 include:
- Use the UltraJSON library (if available) to load data files; this
speeds up loading of data files moderately.
- Improve logging of Flent's operations. The log file will now contain a
proper superset of the console output, and Flent has been made
slightly more verbose about what it is doing. Also, the log is now
shown in a pane in the GUI.
- Fix an error breaking plots on Python 2 and some versions of
- Support PyQt5 in the GUI (and prefer it over PyQt4). If PyQt5 is not
found, fall back to PyQt4.
- Add new SummaryFormatter that outputs mean and median values for each
data series. This is the new default formatter, meaning that its
output will be shown after a test run if no other formatter (or plot)
- Support multiprocessing in the GUI. When loading several plots at
once, plotting will now be passed off to separate worker processes.
This allows plotting to use all the available processors on the
machine, and speeds up loading of many plots tremendously (initial
load is sped up by an order of magnitude). This change also means that
re-plotting on config changes will be done dynamically in the
background, which makes the GUI more responsive.
- Make text completely black in the default colour scheme. This
increases contrast, and helps legibility, especially on printed
- Some internal code changes: Port command line parser from the old
optparse class to the newer argparse, and fix a bunch of linter
The Flent source is available via PyPy. The checksum for the source code
The PPA will be updated shortly, and Flent will also be included in the
upcoming Debian Strech release.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Flent-announce